Definitely, England is one of the most beautiful countries in the entire world. There are great cities to visit and nice places to go. There are many curiosities about England you need to know so let’s see some of them. Surely, one of the favorite issues for conversation is the weather. They love eating fish and chips and London is a great city full of great attractions such as museums, Buckingham Palace and their charming guard and so on.
Take a look at this video which the teacher Jade talks about How to drink tea in England.
Curiosities about England
- French was the official language 300 years ago.
- Windsor Castle is the biggest royal home in the entire world.
- Prince William had a dream when he was a child! He wanted to be a policeman.
- David Beckham who was one of the best British soccer players is afraid of birds!
- The first underground subway system in the world was built in London.
- John Smith is the most common name in the country.
- The highest temperature in the country was 38° C in 2003.
- The USA is 70 times bigger than England.
- 25% of the British population is composed of immigrants.
- John Lennon intended to have his band using the name Blackjacks then he changed to the Beatles.
- Big Ben is the bell, not the clock.
- People consume more tea than any other country in the world.
- They are the fattest people in Europe (men and women).
- Winchester was the first capital.
- They had the shortest war in the world – only 38 minutes against Zanzibar.
As you can see there are some nice curiosities about England so if you want to go there it is a worthwhile visit. Remember that it is a cultural place where you have lots of good places to go. If you want to study English there it is a good option too! They have a nice accent to understand.