Let’s talk to day about The History of Christmas – This important holiday is coming and we need to have hopes for a better future! Christmas is a beautiful holiday which the whole world commemorates on December 25th – the birth of Jesus Christ! First of all, let’s watch a short and nice video explaining a little bit about Santa Claus and Christmas.
The History of Christmas
Some facts about Christmas
- It is a celebration of Nativity and symbolyzes love, life and hope.
- This holiday has a Catholic origin and it is also celebrated by other religions such as Protestants.
- Alabama was the first American state to commemorate and recognize Christmas as a holiday. It happened in 1836.
- Nobody knows exactly when Jesus Christ was born but according to facts and events the most likely date would be December 25th, during a severe winter.
- The idea of celebrating Christmas is a great opportunity of gathering relatives, friends, neighbors, and our loved ones to admire and respect the most important religious figure in the entire world – JESUS CHRIST! Take a look at this beautiful documentary produced by BBC about the lfie of Jesus Christ! CLICK HERE and learn lots of useful information!
Who were the 12 Jesus’ disciples?
Peter, James the Elder, John, Andrew, Bartholomew, James the Lesser, Judas, Jude, Matthew, Philip, Simon, and Thomas.
Peter was Jonas’ son and he did lots of missionary work in several places spreading the word of Jesus Christ for the Jews.
James the Elder
He was a fisherman and son of Zebedee and Salome. He was John’s brother.
He was a member of the Inner Circle and a fisherman. He had a strong personality and was an ambitious and in several times an intolerant person.
He was Peter’s brother and another fisherman. He was responsible to Jesus and was considered a Foreign Missionary.
He was an important missionary in Armenia and the New Testament doesn’t give lots of information about him.
James the Lesser
He lived in Galilee and his brother was Jude. He was crucified in Egypt.
He was son of Zebedee and Salome and James’ brother. According to the Holy Book he was responsible for: Gospel of John, I John, II John, III John and Revelation.
He was the traitor! He betrayed Jesus for thirty pieces of silver and is one of the most important characters in the history.
He was James the Lesser’s brother and lived in Galilee. He was a Nationalist who defended Jesus Christ’s ideas for the entire world.
He was son of Alpheus and lived in Capernaum and he was a tax collector. He died as a martyr in Africa, more especifically in Ethiopia.
He died a martyr at Hierapolis. He was extremely faithful to Jesus Christ.
He also lived in Galilee and was crucified. He was a Jewish Nationalist.
He also lived in Galilee and was considered a extremely pessimistic disciple but he was a man of courage.
FACTS ABOUT SANTA CLAUS
As time goes by Christmas became a more commercial holiday which people exchange lots of gifts and shopping centers are crowded at the end of the year. Currently, Santa Claus is the most important symbol so let’s see some of the most important facts about him.
- According to studies there was a person whose name was Nicholas who loved children and usually give lots of gifts from house to house.
- He studied catechism and was a religious man.
- There are lots of beliefs involving his name and some of them are: he had a long beard and liked having a bell to call the children’s attention!
- He was an extremely generous man!
Take a look at this video and understand a little bit about SANTA CLAUS!
I WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS! ALL THE BEST IN YOUR LIFE AND JESUS CHRIST MAY BE PRESENT IN YOUR LIFE EVERY SINGLE DAY! THE HISTORY OF CHRISTMAS IS VERY BEAUTIFUL SO ENJOY YOUR LIFE!